Yoga Therapies Focus
“Yoga teaches to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured”
What is Yoga Therapy?
Yoga is a wholistic approach to optimal health and wellness in that it addresses mental, emotional, physical and spiritual health through various means such as physical practice (asana), breathing techniques (pranayama) and meditation (dhyana) with the goal of transformation. Yoga Therapy focuses on optimizing the healing aspect of this practice to focus on individual conditions inclusive of:
- Depression, grief, anxiety, stress
- Respiratory problems
- Digestive problems
- Injury of knees, neck and shoulders, and lower back; lack of mobility due to injury
The structurally Intensive Yoga Therapy offered at Zenlife uses classical yoga poses in a modified fashion – often with yoga props – to gently, safely, and gradually get students to start accessing their body with more awareness. In addition to asana breath work and meditation are introduced. Yoga Therapy at Zenlife Center for Healing is offered in a group class as well as individual sessions.
What to expect from a Yoga Therapy group class
The group class is open to all students that are interested in learning modifications of asana for the conditions listed above. It is a way to learn how to practice more specifically for individual concerns.
What to expect from a private Yoga Therapy session
In a one-on-one Yoga Therapy session individual concerns/issues can be addressed directly. For a private session a student will need to schedule a consultation in order to discuss current health issues and the outcome desired through your sessions. A course of action with regard to Yoga practice will be established. In addition to the private sessions students will be encouraged to repeat what they have learned in a home practice for optimal benefit and recovery, great for yoga therapy training.
- Utilizes a chair to assist with various Yoga poses, making them more accessible
- Great for those who are recovering from physical injury or are stiff
- The only requirement to get started is to be able to sit down in and stand up from a chair
- Series of poses and sequences designed with extreme attention to detail to release tension and pain within the lower back and increase mobility