The Benefits of Meditation
At ZenLife Center for Healing we believe that true healing starts from the inside out. Meditation is the practice of deep contemplation or reflection on a particular “topic.” Thoughts that linger in the past cause depression, while thoughts that focus on the future cause anxiety; neither of which are helpful for our current state of being. Connecting with the present moment is the path to mastering your mind. When we take time to be alone with our thoughts, or bring focus to one thing in present time, we are entering the present moment. Studies show that people who have a regular mindfulness practice can experience much of the following:
- Lower cortisol levels & reduced blood pressure as a result of minimizing stress
- Reduced Anxiety in the work place and at home.
- An overall better outlook on life and enhanced kindness fostering better relationships
- Improved self-image by learning to love and value yourself
- Better self-awareness which can help eliminate unwanted habits and addictions
- Better attention span improving test scores and work performance
- Improved memory and cognitive ability due to age related decline
- Better quality of sleep
- Better pain management by diminishing the perception of pain reducing the need for opioids
- Better sense of community reducing feelings of isolation when meditating in a group setting
Offering free weekly meditation classes, ZenLife Center for Healing is committed to sustainable inner healing. Donations welcomed.